If you are physically able you should:

  • Call for the police and an ambulance.
  • Obtain the name, address and telephone number of the all drivers involved in the accident.
  • Obtain each driver's car insurance company's name and telephone number, and the policy number, if available.
  • Cooperate with the police in preparing an accident report and tell them of any admissions the other party made before they arrived.
  • Photograph the vehicles involved in the collision.
  • Go in the ambulance and follow-up with a physician without delay if you are experiencing any pain. Do not be fooled into wishful thinking that the pain will just go away without proper evaluation and treatment.
  • Report the accident to your insurance company, regardless of who is at fault.
  • Get legal advice from The Law Firm of William Babich, LLC. before filling out insurance documents, giving tape-recorded statements to any insurance company (even your own company), or meeting with any insurance company representative.
  • Photograph your injuries. This will document the magnitude of your injury as the scars, bruises and cuts may heal, while the structure, nerves and tissue beneath the skin may remain damaged.
  • Gather all insurance policies in your household for evaluation by The Law Firm of William Babich, LLC.. You may be entitled to insurance coverage under each separate insurance policy.
  • Get advice from The Law Firm of William Babich, LLC. before signing any check or document from an insurance company.